Founded in 1849, Gilbert & Cole was originally located on the shore of Marblehead Harbor. The business moved to the railroad tracks on Bessom Street in 1870. Coal, lumber, and building materials were delivered by the railroad until 1959.
Today, Gilbert & Cole is still located on Bessom Street and continues to supply Marblehead and the North Shore with quality lumber, building materials, and hardware.
2 5/8" tall
3.5" wide at base
Our VillageScape ornaments are one of our signature creations. We make them for ourselves to celebrate the beauty of our home of Marblehead and New England. We also make them for gift sellers and other organizations across the country.
Each design is hand-sculpted by one of our talented studio artists. It is then hand-cast, by our production studio of bonded marble dust. Each one is hand painted. Truly a one-of-a-kind work of art!